During the Transition Period the Board of Directors composition will be as per the current BMC Executive, with the addition of an Independent Chair, once appointed. A total of 12 people.
- Independent Chair once appointed
- the Elected Officers;
- a President;
- not more than 3 Vice-Presidents; (the intent is to keep this at the current 2 VPs during transition to ensure 12 person limit not exceeded)
- a Treasurer
- the CEO;
- three Independent Directors; and
- not more than three other persons as National Council shall from time to time appoint
Note: Sport England have accepted this Board structure for the transition period, despite it not complying with their requirement 1.4
After the Transition Period, the Board of Directors composition will be 12 people:
- Independent Chair, co-opted by the Directors and approved at the AGM.
- The President (ex officio)
- Up to 3 Directors appointed by National Council, one of whom may represent Affiliated Clubs.
- The ex officio Executive Director
- Up to 6 additional Directors co-opted by the Directors. 3 Directors will be independent and the composition of the remainder will be part of a proposal to the next 2019 AGM.