Proxy voting is conducted before the AGM is held, as such the votes are made based on pre-issued papers, and the discussions at the AGM do not influence the votes. Allowing electronic voting by members provides opportunities to vote themselves, not via proxy, and without time restrictions on proxy submissions; potentially up to the point the vote is taken at the AGM. For example the AGM could be live streamed and votes cast electronically after the debates, and while the voting is happening at the AGM itself. Obviously this depends on us identifying the appropriate systems to support such a scenario, and the change solely allows for that possibility of electronic voting it does not mandate that it must be used.
Articles in this section
- Can you clarify the 1/3rd of Board members being member elected; and it's implications?
- What has changed this week?
- In simple terms what are the proposals and how will they be implemented?
- Where are we now and where are we going?
- Is this a ‘done deal’?
- Are we going too quickly?
- Have the Sport England required changes removed member accountability or influence?
- Can we not just gain NGB status for competitions and Training?
- So what will happen if we lose SE funding?
- How have the Articles been written (AKA how much influence was given to Sport England)?